Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary 20th Edition for Pocket PCTaber’s defines more terms than any other health science dictionary. With approximately 56,000 terms, Taber’s 20th is the most comprehensive health science dictionary available...
Version: 20th Edition
Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary 20th Edition by: Handheldmed, Inc., last updated: 29/08/2005
Requirements: Requires 12MB of Available RAM and the Mobipocket Reader
About Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary 20th EditionTaber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary 20th Edition
For more than 65 years, Taber''s has provided students and practitioners with the definitions and information they need to provide superior care for their patients:
- 56,000 definitions with 2,400 brand new to the 20th edition almost 50% more than our nearest competitor
- More than 6,000 revised terms
- 700 superior illustrations with more than 500 in full color
- 100 more Patient Care sections NEW!
- Cautions statements added to almost 350 terms bold and in a second color
- New and revised appendices, including Nutrition, Complementary Medicine, and Health Professions which explains the roles of the health care team members NEW!
- Improved placement of multi-word entries (for example, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease and Irritable bowel syndrome are now listed in natural word order) NEW!
- Almost 30,000 pronunciations of new and current terms
- More colorful interior design NEW!
- Easier to understand definitions NEW!
- Film speed
- Pulmonary interstitial emphysema
- Magnetic resonance angiography
- Stress management
- Flaxseed oil
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Myasthenia gravis
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration
- Prostate cancer
- Paranasal sinus
- Important Considerations in Palliative Care
The Proven Choice Since 1940.