Diabetes Made Simple for Pocket PCEmpower yourself with the ultimate diabetes guide for your PDA!
Diabetes Made Simple by: Steven Lawenda, MD, last updated: 05/09/2005
Requirements: Requires iSilo 3.0 or greater and 65K RAM
About Diabetes Made SimpleIf you have diabetesIf you have diabetes, or help care for someone with diabetes, this is theprogram you’ve been waiting for! Empower yourself with the understanding andknowledge of diabetes you need and deserve! Learn, review, and referenceeverything from the basics of understanding diabetes to the very latest intreatment, including the newest medications. Best of all, learn with all of thebenefits of modern technology and your PDA; "Diabetes Made Simple"is "hyperlinked",organized into chapters, bookmarked, indexed, and searchable, not to mentionportable!Topics covered include:
- "What is Diabetes" -- explains (in plain terms!) what's happening inside your body when you have diabetes, and what complications diabetes can cause.
- "Why Control Diabetes" -- explains why it's important for you to control your diabetes and how much of a difference it makes in your overall health.
- "Monitoring Diabetes" -- explains how you and your "medical team" monitor your diabetes, at home and at the medical office. Includes discussions about monitoring your sugars and your blood pressure, and explains the "ins and outs" of most routine blood tests. Understand your important (yet complex) tests, in simple terms!
- "Diabetes Treatment" -- discusses detailed information on how to control your blood sugars, blood pressure, and cholesterol. This section also discusses how you can prevent the most common diabetes complications. Learn how all (yes all!) diabetes medications work, discover some of their most important advantages, as well as their most common and important side effects. Even the very newest medications are included! At last, understand the intricacies of your treatment and medications, without unnecessary technical jargon!
- "Index / glossary" -- all major topics and medications are indexed (with hyperlinks) for your convenient access!