NP ToolBox for Pocket PCNP ToolBox provides task specific modules from the Award winning ER Suite product for the NP working in the critical care, emergency or primary care environment.
NP ToolBox by: Medical Wizards Corporation, last updated: 06/03/2007
Requirements: 2.25 MB of free handheld RAM or Storage Card required.
About NP ToolBoxNP ToolBox 6.0 is a premium medical calculator and rapid reference for the Nurse Practitioner working in the Critical Care, Emergency or Primary Care Environment. Healthcare providers have been able to reduce valuable time, stress, and error by using this product. This product also provides substantial textbook type content in 300+ areas with a focus on Emergency Topics. New 6.0 Features:
- Updated content throughout, new calculators, and much more.
- Textbook type emergency/critical care content in 300+ areas with a focus on Emergency Topics which will continue to be updated and added to (this has been combined with the Medi Tools module).
- Auto-updates coming soon!
- Abx Wizard - A miniature antibiotic guide, showing recommendations by condition with integrated drug dosing calculator for both children and adults.
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Protocols carefully adapted for rapid viewing and implementation, with 2005 updates.
- Calculators - This expanded section has integrated calculators of items like osmolal gap, croup, apgar, glascow trauma scores, peak flow, oxygen tank time to empty, pregnancy calculator, and much more.
- Fluid Wizard - Pediatric & Adult Burn Fluid calculator, Pediatric bolus and maintenance fluid calculator and new feature of %BSA Burn Calculator for both pediatrics and adults.
- NP Consult - This is the most substantial upgrade to this product. Over 300 areas of textbook type content have been added. As part of the auto-updates, several content areas will be added frequently to expand this substantial resource (coming soon).
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Protocols carefully adapted for rapid viewing and implementation, with 2005 updates.
- PediAbx - Complete dosing guide with integrated calculators for IV/IM/PO antibiotics for neonates and pediatrics.
- PediCode - Pediatric Code module with top selections that include all needed drugs with a single selection, based upon underlying condition (e.g. asthma, anaphylaxis, sepsis) PLUS rapid calculation of doses of over 30 drugs and interventions (Updated 2005 AHA guidelines) needed for emergent pediatric critical care.
- PediDrugs - Extensive dosing guide with integrated calculators for a wide range of pediatric drugs.
- PediFever - Rapid calculator of pediatric fever medications.
- PediGrowth - Pediatric growth chart module, based upon 2000 CDC data, with height, weight, head circumference, BMI and Z scores.
- PediOTC - A quick reference to pediatric over the counter medications.
- Sedation Meds - This module calculates doses of agents used for procedural (conscious) sedation for adults and children.
- Toxicology - Comprehensive Toxicology Information divided into information on ingestions, overdoses, toxidromes and the specific antidotes with integrated dose calculator.