Mosby's Critical Care Nursing Reference (MosbyCCN™) for Pocket PCInvaluable resource to novice critical care nurses, student nurses as well as seasoned nurses who
Mosby's Critical Care Nursing Reference (MosbyCCN™) by: Skyscape, last updated: 24/10/2007
Requirements: Windows%XAE CE/Pocket PC: 6 MB
About Mosby's Critical Care Nursing Reference (MosbyCCN™)Mosby’s Critical Care Nursing Reference
powered by Skyscape Publisher: Elsevier's Health Sciences Developed to provide nurse clinicians with a resource for the management of adult critical care patients, Mosby's Critical Care Nursing Reference condenses the most essential information needed by nurses working in the ICU. The resource provides, information on broad topics that apply to a variety of critically ill patients, and detailed information on organ diseases. Therapeutic modalities and pharmacology are both examined, with information that is useful for the student, the new nurse, and the experienced professional.
- The latest information disorders, treatment, assessment, monitoring, pharmacology and therapeutic modalities incorporated throughout.
- Allows critical care nurses to quickly assess, diagnose, and facilitate the care of patients in an ICU setting.
- New sections on Palliative Care in the Critical Care Unit has been included.
- Updated information is presented regarding pain control from the World Health Organization, as well as drug incompatibilities.
- Sections dedicated to psychosocial concerns, complementary therapies and the unique needs of a pediatric patient in an adult ICU.
- Discussions have been added on cortisol level testing, new laboratory tests such as brain naturetic peptide, and therapies used in end of life.
- Contains both general information on patient care, as well as specific details outlining nursing procedures in a professional setting.
- Organization of information allows for quick access of desired subject matter in critical care situations.
- Clearly organized appendices allow the user to rapidly obtain frequently needed data.
- Provided useful tools like organ donation guidelines, cardiopulmonary formulas, and drug dosage charts and conversion factors.
- New interactive flowchart: Now, complex algorithms and protocols are transformed from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools. See how this innovative feature can quickly and easily walk you through even the most intricate decision models. View flowchart demo>
- Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within topics to Glasgow Coma Scale - Adult and Infant, Drug Concentration, Dose ordered by physician, Infusion Rate for the IV Pump and IV Infusion Rate!
- Full Images: Images that bring the content to life.
- Table Viewer: View tables easily and conveniently by rows and columns on the small screen. View Table Viewer demo>