Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference (RnDrug™) for Pocket PCRnDrug™ - For current, complete drug information, with a focus on safe medication administration, this reference is the ideal choice.
Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference (RnDrug™) by: Skyscape, last updated: 30/10/2007
Requirements: Windows%XAE CE/Pocket PC: 8 MB
About Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference (RnDrug™)Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference
powered by Skyscape Publisher: Mosby, Inc., an affiliate of Elsevier Inc. For current, complete drug information, with a focus on safe medication administration, this reference is the ideal choice. This indispensable resource, featuring the latest drug information organized alphabetically, is a favorite among students and practitioners. Users will find indications, precautions, and nursing considerations applicable to any patient care setting.
- Presents complete details on more than 1,300 generic drugs (encompassing more than 4,500 trade names) for comprehensive coverage of drugs nurses commonly administer.
- Includes comprehensive information on 23 key drugs approved by FDA recently.
- Provides essential information for 135 ophthalmic, otic, nasal, and topical products; commonly used antibiotics in adults and children; vaccines and toxoids; less frequently used antihistamines.
- Covers information on FDA pregnancy categories; controlled substances; commonly used abbreviations; weights and equivalents.
- Provides extensive nursing considerations in a concise, practice-oriented framework: Assess, Administer, Perform/Provide, Evaluate, and Teach Patient/Family.
- Includes comprehensive drug information including generic names; Rx or OTC designations; pronunciation; U.S. and Canadian trade names; functional and chemical classification; controlled-substance schedule; action; uses; investigational uses; dosages and routes; available forms; side effects/adverse reactions; contraindications; precautions; do-not-confuse drugs; pharmacokinetics; interactions; lab test interferences; nursing considerations; and treatment of overdose.
- Identifies high alert drugs to warn nurses to use extra care in administering drugs most likely to cause patient harm, if administered incorrectly.
- Highlights common and life-threatening side effects for easy identification.
- Highlights critical nursing considerations for considerations that require special attention.
- Features over 400 potential interactions between drugs and herbal products.
- Lists over 1,200 pairs of look-alike/sound-alike drug names in an appendix as well as in special Do Not Confuse headings within the main section of the book to help nurses avoid administering the wrong drug.
- Groups IV drug information under the Administer heading with a boldface IV subheading ensuring that all of the IV drug administration content is grouped together in one easy-to-find place.
- Features a Drugs Metabolized by Known P450's table, formulas for drug calculations, and a nomogram for calculation of body surface area on the front and back end sheets for quick retrieval.
- Presents new drugs in a separate appendix to help the user distinguish them from previously released products.
- Includes an appendix that lists the names and uses of approximately 47 of the most commonly used herbal products.
- Offers a combination products appendix that includes nearly 800 products in an easy-to-read format that includes uses for all drugs as well as product names and the dosages of generic components.
- Features key Canadian drug content including a listing of high alert Canadian medications, a Canadian controlled substance chart and a maple leaf to designate Canadian brand names.
- Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within topics to over 25 relevant medical calculators including:
- IV Dosage Calculator
- Water Deficit - Females and Male
- Body Surface Area Calculator for Pediatric
- Basal Energy Expenditure (BEE)
- Creatinine Clearance - Estimated and Measured
- Predicted Peak Flow (PPF)
- Metric Units Conversion
- Heart Rate (R-R)
- IV Dose Rate Calculator
- Full Images: Images that bring the content to life.
- Table Viewer: View tables easily and conveniently by rows and columns on the small screen.