Mosby's Oncology Drug Reference (MosbyOnc™) for Pocket PCMosbyOnc™ - Easy-to-use format enables you to quickly access all the essential data you need to safely and confidently administer oncology drugs.
Mosby's Oncology Drug Reference (MosbyOnc™) by: Skyscape, last updated: 30/10/2007
Requirements: Windows%XAE CE/Pocket PC: 5.8 MB
About Mosby's Oncology Drug Reference (MosbyOnc™)Mosby's Oncology Drug Reference
powered by Skyscape Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences Company This convenient resource gives you instant access to current, clinically relevant drug information. You'll find complete drug monographs for more than 107 drugs, plus separate units on pediatric oncology, supportive care, and drug interactions. In addition, special considerations highlight your specific role and responsibility with respect to administration, patient monitoring, and patient education for each drug.
Designed as both a quick reference on anticancer drugs and a resource to the management of common problems often encountered in cancer patients receiving pharmacotherapy.
- Entire Pediatric Oncology unit focuses on considerations specific to pediatric patients.
- Full monographs provide crucial information you need for more than 107 of the most commonly used drugs in oncology practice and include Clinical Pharmacology, Dosage, Safe Handling issues, Adverse Reactions, Unlabeled Uses, and Y-site Compatibles.
- Side effects discussions include serious reactions and list others by frequent, occasional, and rare occurrence.
- Supportive Care sections help you manage your patients' symptoms and side effects.
- Easy-to-use tables equip you with drug interactions for over 74 anticancer drugs.
- Section on Pediatric Oncology outlines incidence, etiology, clinical presentations, prognostic factors, and treatments for acute leukemias, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and common tumors.
- 13 preventive rules help you avoid medication errors.
- Occupational Exposures to Hazardous Drugs unit teaches you to assess risk, implement protective measures, and monitor hazardous agents.
- Color insert contains images of the pathophysiology of chemotherapy-induced emesis, oral mucosa and phases of mucositis, normal bone remodeling, and a cross-sectional diagram of vertebral column structures and corresponding metastases.
- Appendices provide you with quick reference for formulas, chemotherapy regimes and drug information on the web, patient assistance programs, and newly approved drugs in abbreviated monograph format.
- New interactive flowcharts: Now, complex algorithms and protocols are transformed from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools. See how this innovative feature can quickly and easily walk you through even the most intricate decision models. View flowchart demo>
- Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within topics to Calvert Formula, Ideal Body Weight, Body Surface Area (BSA), Carboplatin Dosing, Cockroft and Gault, Jelliffe and MDRD!
- Full Images: Images that bring the content to life.
- Table Viewer: View tables easily and conveniently by rows and columns on the small screen. View Table Viewer demo >