Perioperative Medicine Just the Facts (PeriopMed™) for Pocket PCProvides a simple, direct guide to the medical aspects of perioperative care, intended for use by surgeons, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, general internists and specialists.
Perioperative Medicine Just the Facts (PeriopMed™) by: Skyscape, last updated: 17/12/2007
Requirements: Windows%XAE Smartphone: 5.6 MB
About Perioperative Medicine Just the Facts (PeriopMed™)Perioperative Medicine Just the Facts
powered by Skyscape Publisher: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. This concise yet comprehensive review is the perfect tool to prepare for certification, recertification, CME - or for use as a clinical refresher. Featuring the expert insight, its highly efficient format conveniently condenses and simplifies only the most important content for maximum yield and minimum time.
This resource is divided into five sections. The first section addresses general aspects of perioperative care and considerations that apply to most surgical patients. The second section highlights aspects specific to different types of surgery, and the third concerns preoperative evaluation and management of concomitant medical conditions. The fourth section covers general prophylactic measures, and the fifth reviews evaluation and management of postoperative complications.
- Ideal for all internists, hospitalists, and all clinicians who assess and provide medical care for the surgical patient
- Streamlined, bulleted format ensures quick comprehension of key concepts and reinforces your understanding of the most complex topics in medical consultation and perioperative medicine
- An incisive look at comorbid conditions, assessment, and surgical care implications
- Expert, up-to-date coverage of the most critical, need-to-know concepts in perioperative care, from preoperative risk assessment to postoperative follow-up and recover-and much more
- Logically organized, easy-to-follow topics help focus your study and provide rapid access to specific subjects
- New interactive flowcharts: Now, complex algorithms and protocols are transformed from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools. See how this innovative feature can quickly and easily walk you through even the most intricate decision models. View flowchart demo >
- Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within topics to Nutrition Risk Index (NRI)FENa, Rate of Infusion, Estimated Water Deficit, Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT), Pulmonary Embolism, MELD Score, Child-Pugh Score and Cockroft-Gault Equation!
- Full Images: Images that bring the content to life.
- Table Viewer: View tables easily and conveniently by rows and columns on the small screen. View Table Viewer demo >