Hospital Medicine (HospMedi™) for Pocket PCHospMedi™ - Continues to emphasize a practical, evidence based approach to the management of hospitalized patients
Hospital Medicine (HospMedi™) by: Skyscape, last updated: 22/08/2007
Requirements: Windows%XAE CE/Pocket PC: 16.1 MB
About Hospital Medicine (HospMedi™)Hospital Medicine
powered by Skyscape Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Thoroughly updated for its Second Edition, Hospital Medicine offers practical, evidence-based guidelines for the care of hospitalized patients. The only resource geared directly and exclusively to inpatient management and edited by the national leaders of the hospitalist field - Hospital Medicine includes indications for admission, guidelines for consultation, procedures for hospital discharge, diagnostic algorithms, and critical paths detailing effective, outcomes-oriented treatment plans for a range of diseases and disorders.
New sections in this resource focus on the hospitalist's increasing role in providing critical care, managing surgical patients with medical co-morbidities, ensuring patient safety and preventing adverse events, and directing hospital systems areas such as informatics, quality improvement, and practice management.
- Indispensable primary care for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, inpatient pharmacists, residents, and students too!
- Focuses on the hospitalist's role in providing critical care, managing surgical patients with medical co-morbidities, improving safety and preventing adverse events.
- Approaches common hospital disorders and presentations from the perspective of the hospital physician, with a particular emphasis on the temporal flow of care in the hospital.
- Includes new sections focusing on leading systems changes in areas such as informatics, quality improvement, and practice management.
- Covers updated information on Vascular Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Renal Disease and many more!
- New interactive flowcharts: Now, complex algorithms and protocols are transformed from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools. See how this innovative feature can quickly and easily walk you through even the most intricate decision models. View flowchart demo >
- Built-in Medical Calculator: Provide instant access from within topics to Glasgow Coma Scale and Harris-Benedict Equation for Estimating Energy Requirement!
- Full Images: Images that bring the content to life.
- Table Viewer: View tables easily and conveniently by rows and columns on the small screen. View Table Viwer demo >