Medications and Mothers Milk, 2006 (Medilact6™) for Pocket PCA comprehensive reference on the impact of currently used medications on breastfeeding mothers and infants.
Medications and Mothers Milk, 2006 (Medilact6™) by: Skyscape, last updated: 05/12/2006
Requirements: Windows%XAE CE/Pocket PC: 6.6 MB
About Medications and Mothers Milk, 2006 (Medilact6™)Medications and Mothers Milk, 2006
powered by Skyscape Author(s): Thomas W. Hale, Ph.D.Publisher: Pharmasoft Publishing Medications and Mothers Milk 2006 is a comprehensive reference on the impact of currently used medications on breastfeeding mothers and infants. Written by renowned clinical pharmacologist, Dr. Thomas W. Hale, this reference is packed with information on more than 814 drugs, vitamins, herbs, and vaccines. Anyone who works with breastfeeding mothers needs this definitive reference!
Each drug entry includes the drug name and generic name; common trade names used in Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom; uses of the drug; AAP recommendations on the drug; a drug monograph that describes what is currently known about the drug, its ability to enter milk, the concentration in milk at set time intervals, and other parameters that are important to a clinical consultant; pregnancy risk category; lactation risk category; theoretic infant dose; relative infant dose; adult concerns; pediatric concerns; drug interactions; alternative drugs that may be suitable choices; adult dosage; and a table that includes (when known) adult half life of the medication, pediatric half life of the medication, milk/plasma ratio, the time interval from administration of the drug until it reaches the highest level in the mother’s plasma or peak time to max, percentage of maternal protein binding, oral bioavailability, the volume of distribution, the pH at which the drug is equally ionic and nonionic, and the molecular weight of the medication.
- More than 70 new drugs
- Rigorous updates to hundreds of drugs and tables - more than 814 drugs, vitamins, herbs, and vaccines in total
- New sections on anticancer drugs and radioactive drugs
- Updated tables on radiocontrast agents and cold and cough remedies
- Complete Images: Brings the content to life.
- Table Viewer: View tables easily and conveniently by rows and columns on the small screen.
- Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within topics to relevant medical calculators including: TID and RID