Clinical Companion Medical-Surgical Nursing (MedSrg™) for Pocket PCProvides nurses and nursing students quick access to current, concise, and important information when caring for patients.
Clinical Companion Medical-Surgical Nursing (MedSrg™) by: Skyscape, last updated: 03/09/2007
Requirements: Windows%XAE CE/Pocket PC: 5.1 MB
About Clinical Companion Medical-Surgical Nursing (MedSrg™)Clinical Companion Medical-Surgical Nursing
powered by Skyscape Publisher: Elsevier Putting essential information at your fingertips, this handy resource describes 200 commonly encountered medical-surgical disorders and procedures. Numerous illustrations and summary tables are used to clarify key information. It focuses on the information you need to know, emphasizing the procedures and treatments in which the nurse plays a major role.
Disorders section contains commonly encountered medical-surgical diseases and disorders arranged alphabetically and organized in an easy-to-use format.
- For each profile, Disorders includes the information about Description, Pathophysiology, Clinical Manifestations, Complications, Diagnostic Studies, Collaborative Care (including drug therapy) and Nursing Management
- Patient and family teaching content has been expanded.
- Patient teaching content is highlighted with a special icon, identifying information that patients and families need to know about the care of various conditions.
- A mobile format makes this resouce easy to carry in the clinical setting.
- Contains brief explanations of common medical-surgical treatments and procedures (e.g., pacemakers, oxygen therapy) in which the role of the nurse is emphasized.
- Treatments and Procedures includes information you need to know about common medical-surgical treatments and procedures such as CPR, tube feeding, and artificial airway management.
- Reference Appendix features key reference information commonly used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, and Spanish translations of key phrases.
- Also contains a list of commonly-used abbreviations and key phrases translated into Spanish.
- New interactive flowcharts: Now, complex algorithms and protocols are transformed from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools. See how this innovative feature can quickly and easily walk you through even the most intricate decision models. View flowchart demo>
- Build-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within topics to Absolute Neutrophil Count, Body Mass Index (BMI), Pulmonary Vascular Resistance Index (PVRI), Characteristics of Common Dysrhythmias, Ideal Body Weight and many more!
- Full Images: Images that bring the content to life.
- Table Viewer: View tables easily and conveniently by rows and columns on the small screen. View Table Viewer demo>