The Asthma Book (AsthmaBK™) for Pocket PCUseful for Internists, family physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician''s assistants, respiratory therapists, and pharmacists too!
The Asthma Book (AsthmaBK™) by: Skyscape, last updated: 28/09/2007
Requirements: Windows%XAE CE/Pocket PC: 5.7 MB
About The Asthma Book (AsthmaBK™)The Asthma Book
powered by Skyscape Publisher: McGraw-Hill Internists, family physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, respiratory therapists, and pharmacists will find this unparalleled, authoritative resource has everything needed to understand and treat asthma in children and adults.
- Learn asthma care essentials - from top experts at the Partners Asthma Center. Ideal resource for preparing for certification as an asthma educator (AE-C).
- Important information on how to develop an asthma action plan based on the principles of assessing and treating asthma attacks
- Designed into two major sectons - "The Fundamentals" and "Practical Aspects of Asthma Care"
- Section "The Fundamentals" covers what asthma is and its relation to allergies, making the diagnosis of asthma, defining the severity of asthma, the medications used to treat asthma with their potential side-effects, and use of these medications in a stepwise approach based on the severity of asthma
- Section "Practical Aspects of Asthma Care" covers various points - identifying and avoiding allergens in the home, work environments or school, how to use metered-dose inhaler or a Diskus, asthma action plans and many more!
- Information on Inhalers and inhalation aids, Diagnosis and staging ambulatory asthma treatment, Managing pediatric and adult asthma, including asthmatic attacks
- Section-ending Q&As that simulate the types of questions likely to appear on the National Asthma Educators Certification Board Exam
- Series of case discussions which test your knowledge by asking you to assume the role of an asthma educator
- Goal of this resource is to provide you with the tools to become an asthma educator
- New interactive flowchart: Now, complex algorithms and protocols are transformed from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools. See how this innovative feature can quickly and easily walk you through even the most intricate decision models. View flowchart demo>
- Full Images: Images that bring the content to life.
- Table Viewer: View tables easily and conveniently by rows and columns on the small screen. View Table Viewer demo>